Need some help?
We’ve listed some of our most common questions and answers below. If we haven’t answered your question, simply fill out our form, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can! (Please note that we get a lot of correspondence, and we do our best to answer all questions in a timely manner.)
To see our answer, click on the plus sign:
I'm looking for a website (or study) you mentioned...
Here are some of our favorites:
- Signature Strength Survey
- Everyday Matters (using Happiness Advantage techniques with a chronic illness):
- Depression and Exercise and Happiness Article (Babyak)
- Pygmalion Effect: Teacher/Student Expectation Study
Also, be sure to take a look at the bibliographies of our books for more great research and studies!
How would I share my new product or idea with you? Can we collaborate?
We love hearing about your projects! If you’d like to share yours, please use the form below for us to review.
There are so many amazing projects out there right now, we wish we could be involved in all of them! So that we can commit our fullest to what we do, we’re selective about what projects we take on. We give each proposal careful consideration, so please allow a few weeks for the team to return emails of this nature. If your project is time-sensitive and needs a quicker response, please feel free to send an email directly to email@example.com. You’re always welcome to share your project on our social media or in our Happiness Archive, so that we can highlight your practices.
Thank you for believing in what we do and helping us to create a ripple effect! You rock!
How can I help spread this information and/or be a Happiness Advantage coach?
Thank you! We’re so excited that you want to help create a ripple effect with us!
Right now, we offer a training program with our partners at the International Thought Leadership Network, and all affiliations are handled through the Orange Frog/Happiness Advantage at Work program. We’d also love to connect on social media to talk about this research and share with others how they can use happiness and positivity to increase success.
What do you recommend for studying or having a career in positive psychology?
Wonderful! We’re always excited to welcome a new member to the field! As Shawn wrote in the forward to Positive Leadership:
You are the final ingredient. We need more people finding ways to make this research come alive and to take it beyond the walls of academia into a world that desperately could use it…if you want to truly sustain positive change, you have to understand how to create it well enough to replicate it and to teach it to others.
Here are some great programs and sources that we’d suggest:
- If you’re looking for an academic program, we always recommend the Masters in Applied Positive Psychology that Michelle graduated from at the University of Pennsylvania: authentichappiness.org and http://www.ppc.sas.upenn.edu/
- If you’re looking for additional learning through a certification program program, Shawn’s mentor Tal Ben-Shahar runs a certification course at the Kripalu Center.
- And, if you’re looking to combine coaching with your work in positive psychology, Michelle also recommends this coaching/positive psychology program by Valorie Burton.
Happy learning, and if you have a great program you’d like to recommend, please share it with us!
How do I participate in research about happiness? Do you want to study me?
Thank you for wanting to help in our research! A great way to stay up-to-date on all GoodThink affiliated studies is to join our newsletter mailing list.
We’d also love it if you’d:
- Share your story in our Happiness Archive: Tell us what makes you unique! How has positive psychology impacted your life? How are you an outlier and what do you do differently from others that has helped you succeed in life?
- Investigate Authentic Happiness studies at UPenn on Martin Seigelman’s home page
How can I work for GoodThink? Are you looking for interns or researchers?
Thank you for your interest in joining the GoodThink team! At the moment, we do not have any job or internship openings. Please consider joining our mailing list and following us on social media, as we’ll make announcements of any upcoming positions there. We’d also like to recommend these sites as resources:
|International Positive Psychology Association||University of Pennsylvania
Positive Psychology Program – Lead by Martin Seigelman
We wish you the best of luck with your search!